Thursday 19 May 2011

May 19 West MacDonnell Ranges (again)

Ruby wanted to show Emily her favourite Alice sights so 3 of us set out for a day trip to the West MacDonnell Ranges. Judith drew the short straw and stayed at home (well, the caravan park) with the dogs.

First stop was Simpson's Gap, then on to Standley's Chasm, Ellery Creek Big Hole and then lastly Ormiston Gorge. I didn't mind at all that I had already seen each of the places - they are really beautiful places. I think Emily was similarly impressed with the rugged beauty of Central Australia.
(Just a reminder to readers of the blog that you can click on the photos to view a larger version.)

The walk in to Simpson's Gap

Emily trying to make the gap a bit bigger

Ruby trying to make the gap even biggerl

This photo attempts to capture the size of the rocks

Ruby and Emily admiring the geological properties of the rocks at Simpson's Gap
Ruby shows me how to do a proper "plank" - thanks Ruby!

Father setting another bad example to his kids
Emily blending in with the ghost gums (and Ruby in background)


The Standley Chasm

Aw cute!
  
What is Ruby up to now?


Great plank Ruby!

Another great plank Ruby - how talented is this girl?
Emily at Ormiston Gorge

Ruby at Ormiston Gorge
Just beautiful. I love Ormiston Gorge
 We made a final stop on the way home especially for Ruby...
What can I say? I'm a proud dad.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahah you wish ruby!!! :P
    You're cooler than dad, I'll give you that :P

    ReplyDelete